Changing the password for a MySQL user
You can change the password for a MySQL user by following these steps:
- Log in to your hosting Control Panel.
- Enter the MySQL Databases section.
- Navigate to the MySQL users tab.
- Select the MySQL version of your database from the MySQL version drop-down menu.
- Click on the Edit () button next to the MySQL user whose password you would like to change.
- Enter the new password for your MySQL user in the Change password and Confirm password fields.
Note: You will notice that there is a password strength indicator below the Change password field. It will update in real time as you are entering your password. There are five distinct levels of password strength: Very Weak, Weak, Fair, Strong, and Very Strong. Along with the password strength indicator, you will also get information and hints in a tooltip beside the indicator. Note that the Submit button will remain inactive (grayed out) if the password level is Very Weak or Weak.
- Click on the Submit button.
Note: The MySQL 5 and MySQL 8 servers are separate and do not share users or databases, so if you have two users for MySQL 5 and MySQL 8 with the same name and change the password for one of these users, the password for the other user will not be changed.